Sms grocery list

Widget with grocery list created by your received messages

Why?

Many times I faced the problem when someone has sent me a message with a list, what to buy on a way back home. My first thought was to create an invisible app that reads incoming messages and puts their content into Google Keep messages and also shows it in a widget. After some googling I found out that Google Keep doesn't support API for the 3rd parties. So I decided to create an app with this feature.

What did I do?

Application contains a receiver that allows to read all new messages. After the message is received it searches for a key words in the message. You can set up a multiple keywords to look for in a message. Another option is to set up a reminder. Reminder shows notification at the specific time in a day where at least one message was received. You can find this under the settings in a side menu of the application.

Second part of the application is a widget. Widget shows you the list of all the received messages ordered by date and separated by subtitles like: today, this week, this month.

Can I try it?

I've put it on Google play. There is no internet connectivity so users don't have to be afraid if the permission for reading messages is required. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Android app on Google Play

           


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counting dice and train wagons using computer vision

Play table

Skate tricks recognition using gyroscope